WhatsApp is one of the most popular messaging apps, currently used by around 2.7 billion people worldwide. With regular updates and upgradations, it is providing us with a more seamless messaging experience. Did you know that now you can send blank messages on WhatsApp? You must know how to send blank message in WhatsApp. WhatsApp is introducing several exciting updates for you to have a fun chatting experience with your peers, and this one is surely one of them. We will guide you on how to send blank messages in WhatsApp. So keep reading to know more.
Why Would You Send a Blank Message in WhatsApp?
➡️A blank message does not contain any alphabet or numerical characters, and no special characters as well. It is completely blank, with no text at all.
So, is there any particular reason to send a blank message to someone? Not really. But it surely is a fun update, and therefore you should know how to send blank message in WhatsApp.
Why would you send a blank text to someone? Well, you can send it to check if your internet connection is working. Besides such technicalities, you might have personal reasons as well. Maybe you are upset with your partner or your peers and still want to text without sending any message. You may also like to play a prank or confuse your peers with this new feature. Either way, we will help you with how to send blank message in WhatsApp.
How to Send Blank Message in WhatsApp?
Firstly, if you think that just typing the space bar will help you send a blank message, then you are wrong. Try typing the space bar, and you will notice that the send button has not appeared beside the chat box. Let us suggest an effective way how to send blank message in WhatsApp:
- Select and copy the blank space between the brackets given below:
- >>> <<<
- You must select only the blank space between the brackets.
- Open your WhatsApp Messenger. Select the chat of the contact you want to send this blank message.
- Paste the blank space that you had copied. You will notice that the send option is available this time.
- Hit send, and your blank text is sent.
Isn’t it so easy? Now you know how to send blank message in WhatsApp
Another method is to download an application like NoWord App to send blank messages specifically. It is a no-fuss, quick, and easy method if you are okay with downloading a whole new app to avail of this feature.
Are Disappearing Messages Similar to Blank Message?
➡️No, they are not. It is also a feature on WhatsApp that many users avail for privacy purposes.
For this feature, you are required to set a timer that can range from 24 hours, 7 days, to 90 days, after which your messages will disappear unless they are kept. This feature will apply only to the messages you send after switching it on, and not to the previous messages you have already sent.
Note: The person you are chatting with, will be notified that you have switched on Disappearing Messages.
How to Switch on Disappearing Messages?
➤ Disappearing messages are very different from blank texts.
So, if you are looking for a guide to learn how to send blank message in WhatsApp, scroll up!
You can either switch on disappearing texts for all chats or some specific individual chats. You can also turn on disappearing messages for group chats. However, group admins can change the settings of the group and enable only admins to do it.
The process to enable Disappearing Messages on WhatsApp for individual chats is quick and easy.
- Open the individual chat of your choice. Tap on the contact icon to open the contact information page.
- Select Disappearing Messages.
- Click on the ON button. Now, Disappearing messages are switched on for this specific contact.
Follow this process to enable default Disappearing Messages for all chats:
- Open the WhatsApp application. Click on the 3 dots icon on the top left corner of your screen.
- Select Settings > Privacy > Default Message Timer.
- You can choose the time range for Disappearing Messages from 24 hours, 7 days, to 90 days. Now you have turned on Disappearing Messages for all chats.
However, as we have mentioned, blank message and disappearing message is not the same. Now that you know how to send blank message in WhatsApp, you can send them to friends and peers to make your conversations more fun and interesting. Happy Conversing!